The strategy and elements of our "hopeful" 2018 Zambia Mission are summarized here.
No experience is necessary and all are needed! There is much to do as we unite into a cohesive team of doctors, nurses, emergency medical technicians, musicians, singers and those going for the 1st time.
We will grow together, we will change, and we will change the world!
PROJECT: "ZAMBIA MISSION" Application click here!
THE PURPOSE: To impart care, hope, prayer, medical treatment, training and otherwise fullfill our role as Good Samaritans.
WHEN: June, July, 2018?
WHERE: Zambia, AFRICA - Kitwe, Ndola, Lusaka and Livingstone
2018 POSSIBLE SCHEDULE: Leave the US Thursday late-night the 12th, travel to Lusaka and be in Kitwe - July 15th-22nd; travel the 23rd and be in Livingstone - 24th-29th. Travel to US the afternoon of the 30th.
- A team of "no-experience necessary" volunteers, highly motivated, high energy, willing to pray for people and share their personal salvation story;
- three or more doctors: one pediatrician, one gynecologist, and one general medical practitioner;
- three or more nurses; one or more Emergency Mecical Technicians (EMT);
- medicine valued at more than US$100,000, wholesale;
- eight mornings of medical seminars, eight afternoons of free treatment to Zambian orphans, widows, and other vulnerable persons;
- the research to submit immediate and sustaining solutions for leap-frogging a nation's medical system into today's most current technology available;
- a team of musicians and singers; and,
- a team of teaching pastors requested by Zambia pastors to teach leadership development.
SUMMARY: There are three basic elements to this Pure Works project: 1) to treat orphans, widows and other vulnerable people with medicine to better their lives, sustain them for a longer life, and in some cases, save their lives; 2) to further educate local medical personnel. Other longer term benefits are associated, such as sustaining solutions to the medical system of Zambia that will save lives. 3) to provide leadeship training and evangelism for a select group of pastoral community leaders.
THE PLAN: The entire team will travel to two major cities in Zambia: Kitwe and Livingstone. These two cities will be the focus of your mission project.
THE TACTICS: Each doctor will teach curriculum in two morning sessions in both cities over a period of 2-weeks. Each doctor will participate in afternoon hands-on treatment of patients and evenings will be dedicated for statistic compilation, journaling, and outlining technology solutions. Musicians and singers will be providing singing and music, but will also help with registration and other related support for the doctors and nurses. Teaching pastors will be conducting leadership training.
THE HUMANITARIAN AID: The medicine from Pure Works donors is ready to be transported with the doctors coming to Zambia.
CELEBRATIONS: The "rich young band" will play in Kitwe and Livingstone celebrating this years medical missions in Zambia. The project is being coordinated in conjunction with the Zambia Pastors Associations and the Republic of Zambia.
The total team will comprise of three doctors, and about twelve other volunteers including musicians and singers. The team will be traveling to each of the four major cities in Zambia for a total mission trip of two weeks and two days, from the time leaving the US to return. The lodging will be adequate, but not fancy, and Zambia is known for having power outages and water pressure deficiencies.
All food, lodging, air-fare and in-country travel is provided in the mission fare. An all-inclusive price is $3,300 for each team member and in this mission the cost is included for funds earmarked for medicine, which the team will bring with them to Zambia.
- Mission date: July 12 -29, 2018 (TBD)
- Ready your passport AND visa
- Two weeks (lodging: roughing it)
- $3,300 (all-inclusive, includes allowance for medicine, training and mission logistics)
- Be able to give your testimony (training via webinars)
- Be able to pray for others (training via webinars)
- Be able to counsel others (training via webinars)
- Watch for healings
- Journal - you may wish to journal